The 103 Alumni Association is an independent 501-C3 with the mission of enhancing and maintaining the health and prosperity of Civil Air Patrol’s Philadelphia Composite Squadron 103 by providing supplemental financial assistance and consulting to ensure the unit has the required facilities, transportation, and equipment to fulfill the objectives of its Cadet program.
The 103 Alumni Association also offers three scholarship awards:
- The CPT David S. Gethers Aviation Scholarship Award – awarded to a member or alumni of Philadelphia Composite Squadron 103 who is pursuing a career as a professional in the field aviation.
- The LTC Frank C. Perri Leadership Scholarship Award – awarded to a member or alumni of Philadelphia Composite Squadron 103 who has demonstrated a superior level of leadership and is attending an accredited college or university.
- CPL James T. Swift, Jr. Service Scholarship Award – awarded to a member or alumni of Philadelphia Composite Squadron 103 who has consistently shown a truly outstanding sense of duty and dedication while serving as a member of Squadron 103 and is furthering their education at an accredited college or university.
Board of Directors
- President – COL M. Allen Applebaum
- Vice President – LTC William E. Gibbons Sr.
- Treasurer – MAJ Mark A. Arrington
- Secretary – LTC Edward Gibbons (Retired)
- Director – MAJ Eugene T. Suplee (Non-Voting)
- USA Member – MAJ Kenn Roberts